Muddy Dog 2015!

by - 18:00


I'm sure we've all seen the pictures from those Tough Mudder challenges and wondered (from a distance) what it might be like to take part in one. Well, I'm certainly not up for the obstacles of Tough Mudder but I thought I'd do the next best thing and take part in the Muddy Dog Challenge! The event is organised by Battersea Dogs and Cats home and it is essentially a 2.5 or 5km cross country route with various obstacles (a few that will get you wet/muddy) that you can do on your own or with your dog. The idea is to raise some money for BDCH and have some filthy fun with your pooch - sounds great, right?

None of my New Year resolutions involved taking on a challenge like this but seeing as I've never done anything like this - and the inclusion of a dog/an event where there will be many dogs - I thought I would give it a go! I'm going to be taking part in the 5km course with Millie, my Chocolate Labrador, as I feel she would most enjoy it and is also the most well-behaved. This will mean doing some training and practice runs to try and teach Millie to run next to me instead of through/around my legs which could otherwise result in some serious face-planting.

As it's organised by the charity, fundraising is encouraged through sponsorship and it would be amazing if any of you lovely people could spare a small amount to donate to help the animals of Battersea Dogs and Cats home as well as to see me get sweaty, red-faced and covered in mud - doesn't that image just sound beautiful? Here's the link to my fundraising page - my target is £150 and I'd be so super grateful if you'd consider sponsoring me!

There are going to be other activities taking place during the day so if you're a dog lover or just want to come and see some dogs and people get reeeallyyy muddy you should definitely come down! To those that know me in real life it would also be great to see some familiar faces. Find more information here.

I've got my first big hand-in at uni tomorrow and I'm so excited to get it over with and then chill out SO HARD for a week or two. I'm also going to treat myself over at Primark Oxford Street so next week's post may well be a Primark haul...hehe.

Stay inspired!









You May Also Like

0 comments