Maple and Pecan Blondies!

by - 18:02



I am a sucker for sweet things and this recipe contains two of my all time favourite ingredients: maple syrup and pecan nuts. The recipe I've used is a customised version of a basic Blondie recipe (think Brownie without the choc) so if you're not a fan of maple syrup or pecans you can add another type of nut/raisins/chocolate chunks/peanut butter or just leave it plain - it's still soooo good. However if you are using syrup, you have the option of not adding sugar as the sweetness in the syrup compensates for any added refined sugar. 

Since I've not had so much time to bake, I've been searching for ways of making the process quicker and one way I've found is to use 'number of cups' as increments. I've just found that it speeds things up for me as so many recipes seem to require to use scales, teaspoons/tablespoons, measuring jugs and cups just for one recipe! Another bonus of this recipe is it can be made in one pan - what more could you ask?



Ingredients
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 cups Plain Flour
  • 2 cups Brown Sugar (or 1 1/2 cup syrup)
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Extras (Nuts, Raisins, Chocolate Chips etc)
I baked mine in a 20x20cm tin using half this recipe to trial it and though they turned out very well I think they would be better as a thicker, squidgier bake. However if you're feeling like you want something a little lighter (but still just as delicious) feel free to only make half the recipe. 


Method 
  1. Preheat the oven to 190C and grease and flour your baking tin
  2. In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat. 
  3. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Beat in all the wet ingredients (eggs and vanilla) and then thoroughly mix in the dry ingredients (sugar if needed, flour and salt)
  4. You can add any extras either by mixing them into the batter or by just sprinkling them on top once it's in the tin.
  5. Use a spatula to pour the Blondie mixture into your prepped baking tin and even it out with the spatula.
  6. Place on a shelf in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
  7. Leave to cool in the tin (if you can resist it) and then enjoy!
This is such a simple recipe and I think I'd like to try more variations - I'm definitely going to want to make a coconut one, maybe with lime too....mmm...

I'm on my Easter Break now which means 3 weeks off of uni (WOOHOO) with at least 2 weeks of uni work to do (boooo). I'm feeling a lot better about uni now though: I'm working much smarter and my grades have gone up a whole grade boundary which feels AMAZING. I've got in with a really great mentoring company as well who are helping me to understand the world that I'm looking to go in to. 

For the rest of today I will mostly be drinking tea and playing Cities:Skylines (I'm obsessed) and just generally enjoying my little break. 

Stay inspired!



You May Also Like

0 comments