The Liebster Award: More About Me!

by - 16:00

Thank you to the lovely Sarah Ann over at ItsSarahAnn for nominating me for the Liebster award - I've been putting a lot more time and effort into my blog recently and have been reaching out further into the blogging community so it's nice to know that it's paying off! I love discovering new bloggers and I think the Liebster Award is great for giving recognition to smaller blogs.

In case you weren't aware, the Liebster Award acts as a way to get to know bloggers better by them listing 11 facts about themselves and then answering 11 questions set by their nominator(s), I hope you enjoy reading more about me and be sure to scroll down to see the lovely bloggers that I've nominated!

11 Facts About Me
1. My favourite thing to do is go walking, preferably with my three dogs.
2. If I had to pick one food to eat forever it would be soup, any and all flavours.
3. I was born in Hong Kong and want to go back to visit in the near future
4. Coffee and cake are my weaknesses - I promise I'd be super healthy if it weren't for them!
5. My favourite European city that I've visited (so far) is Amsterdam. I just loved the vibe of the whole place.
6. I love to organise events as well as day-to-day stuff and if I wasn't en route to becoming an architect I would definitely go for a career in the organisation/planning area.
7. My family are incredibly important to me and I love spending time with them.
8. When I was little I wanted to be a vet because I loved animals - I later decided I loved them too much to be able to do what vets do!
9. I used to take ballet, singing and piano lessons and wish I still had the time to do so. I try to play piano once a week and sing everyday (though maybe not to the standard I was trained!)
10. I've never been able to properly do a handstand, cartwheel or dive into water. Is it too late to learn?!
11. I'm working on becoming a positive person every day, and I love the experience of being human - most of the time anyway!

11 Questions
1. What's the one thing you couldn't live without?
If we're not including basic survival stuffs and people, it would have to be an iPod/radio for me - I need my music! There isn't a day that goes by when I don't listen to my favourite songs or at least have the radio on in the background.

2. What's your favourite kind of holiday - Beach, City break or Adventure?
All three are great but my classic idea of a holiday is one spent on the beach, reading and sunbathing, drinking cocktails and swimming when it gets too hot. Oh man, I want it to be summer.

3. What's your favourite movie of all time?
Oh goodness, if I had to narrow it down to one I'd have to say Devil Wears Prada. I just love it. Either that or the whole Harry Potter series, they always make me feel homely.

4. And what snack must you have alongside?
Plenty of cups of tea and something chocolatey! Either that or a spread of afternoon tea pieces, that's the dream.

5. If you could time travel where would you go and why?
I'd go back to the 50s/60s in America, that must have been such an amazing time to be alive. The outfits, the big cars and the invention of the 'teenager' would have made life so enjoyable, I think. I'd also love to go back about 15 years or so to when my grandmother was alive, I'd love to have gotten to know her better.

6. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted a place to continue my love of writing and documenting. I thought I'd start it to create some content that I was proud of and I feel like I'm finally getting there! I used to love making 'magazines' when I was younger so I guess this is my grown up version of that, haha.

7. What are you most proud of in your life so far?
Completing my degree. Oh man that was a hard 3 years and I nearly gave up so many times. I also managed to earn a place at my current company in doing so and I'm so grateful for that. On a more personal note, I'm proud of just managing to deal with everything that life's thrown at me so far.

8. What's your favourite type of cake? (if you don't like cake why not??)
Haha I definitely like cake and my favourite would have to be carrot or red velvet!  Basically something with cream cheese frosting.

9. Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging - if so what?
I love walking and exploring nature, I'm really lucky to live near a bunch of places that are labelled as "areas of outstanding natural beauty" (I know right?) so I try to make use of that! I also really enjoy baking and reading.
10. What's your fondest memory?
It would have to be a mix of birthdays and Christmases spent with my family. If I had to narrow it down to one memory, it would have to be when I was younger and was 'helping' my mum to bake something I think - I just remember trying to eat loads of those silver decorating balls!

11. What do you daydream about?
The future and holidays! I dream up ridiculously perfect scenarios that will probably never happen but also like to think about how future events that I have coming up might go.
 

I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award as they are all unique and I really enjoy keeping up with their posts!:
Emma at Oh Flower Child
Jenny at Ginevrella
Paris at LifeInFlorals

And the questions I would like them to answer are:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
2. Is there a day in your life you wish you could relive?
3. Favourite sweet treat?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
5. What are you three favourite books?
6. Describe an ideal day for you.
7. What's one beauty/clothing item that you couldn't live without?
8. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
9. How do you cheer yourself up if you're feeling down?
10. Your favourite animal?
11. What would your top tip be to anyone thinking about starting up a blog?

  

Stay inspired,


 
 



You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great answers!! I'd go back to the 50s/60s too for sure!! And I used to make 'magazines' when I was younger hahaha good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yes it would have been amazing. I'm so glad you can relate! I think I was convinced I would be making a ton of magazines to sell at school, in reality I only ever made half of one haha.

      Thanks for reading!
      Georgie xo

      Delete
  2. Amsterdam is on my list to go, many people that I know love it there. I am also trying to be positive person too and no its never late to learn all the things you want to do :)

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amsterdam was lovely, everything from the food to the architecture. Hahah I think I might need to get a bit fitter before I attempt a cartwheel but it would be fun to learn!

      Thanks for stopping by :)
      Georgie xo

      Delete
  3. Aww! 50s/60s America would be nice!!! I always love the history and culture during that time that I wish I have a time machine. But actually. i wanna go back to 1940's America, because I'm always interested abou the life before, during, and after World War 2...not to mention the rise of the Golden Age of Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I also have a strong interest in the War era - though maybe not the less pleasant side of it! I just feel like it would have been a really romantic time to be alive :)

      Thanks for reading!
      Georgie xo

      Delete