Life Update | Spring 2016

by - 16:00

So...what has been happening in my life over the past few months? When I sat down to write this post I did really have to think about what I've actually been doing! The last post I did which looked back at my recent activities was at the end of last summer and I seemed to have much more to write about back then!
In fairness, I do have some exciting things coming up later in the year so I can't complain, but I thought I'd still do an overview of the more everyday things that I've been up to over the last five months or so.

After working eight months out of my one year contract at my amazing job in London, I'm going to be moving to a different office within the company to gain some more experience with different types of projects and a different style of office environment. Luckily for me, this other office is just a 10 minute drive from my house!
This means that I'll be able to save a lot of money on commuting costs which I'm going to put towards my travelling trip next summer and also use to sustain me alongside my student loan later this year. London is great but commuting just really isn't for me: after spending three hours per day travelling to and from work I will be very glad to just treat London as a place for days out again. (Let's not talk about the fact that I'll have to commute again when I go back to uni in September okay?)


 I finally did something I've felt obliged to do for ages and took up Bosnian Lessons. My mum is Bosnian and as I've grown up hearing the language I've always had a yearning to understand what's being said. I enjoy learning languages anyway and love nothing more than when I finally understand the language enough to make small talk.
Bosnian is a very difficult language to learn, to give you an example, there are seven different ways of changing nouns depending on various things ranging from whether you are talking about that thing to whether you are calling a thing or person to you. I recognise various common phrases a lot from hearing my mum talk to people and I'm determined to get my Bosnian to a comfortable conversational level, at least.



 I've had some fun and exciting weekends spent with my friends, family and boyfriend which all deserve a mention.
There's been a heavy (but very enjoyable) night spent down in Brighton with friends for Halloween; a relaxed and food-orientated weekend spent in London with David; a grey Sunday spent having afternoon tea and watching the Grinch with all my cousins; a night full of dancing and drinking plenty of sex on the beach with friends for New Year's Eve; a weekend catching up over snacks and tapas with friends in Dorchester; a crisp winter walk around the Devil's Punch Bowl with family.


Since starting work, I have increased the amount and type of baking that I complete. This is partially because I no longer feel as though I should be doing something else (namely uni work) when I'm at home and also because bringing my baking creations in to work means they don't go to waste/I eat less and also gives me a goal to work for.
So far I've made my old faithful brownies, marble cake, Lotus Biscoff Cupcakes, macarons, lemon bars...this list goes on as I've tried to bring something in every week! Needless to say, I've been pressured to apply for Bake Off and I fully intend to! Just as soon as I feel strong enough not to crack under Paul's comments... 



I reached the next level in my journey to better mental health.


This did unfortunately mean having to experience a new low but it made me work harder to get out of it. I have been in denial about the state of mental health for a while now, mainly because I didn't want to be affected by it. The truth is you can't ignore something like that, because it doesn't go away unless you deal with. So that's what I'm working on now. I feel like I want to write a separate blog post on this but my main ways of helping myself overcome it has been to get more sleep, have more 'me' time and working on becoming more mindful.


And that's pretty much it! That's where I'm at right now and I'm feeling positive about the next few months. I've got four months left of work, then a beautiful six week summer break and then it's back to start my next two years of uni in September.

What's been going on in your world over the last few months? What has been an achievement for you?

Stay inspired!

You May Also Like

0 comments