The AM & PM Tag

by - 17:00

Hello friends!

I've seen this tag on a few people's blogs recently and thought it gave a nice overview to someone's day by following their morning and evening routines.

An early morning view from my dad's house in Wandsworth
AM

1. What is your morning beauty routine?
I keep it super simple on weekdays - a gentle scrub with a warm, wet flannel and then a light layer of moisturiser (or nothing if I'm not planning on wearing foundation). On weekends I might do a scrub/face mask - like the Soap & Glory 'Greatest Scrub Of All'.
I shower every morning and wash my hair with Herbal Essences/Aussie Miracle shampoo every other day. In the shower I love using Imperial Leather body wash too - it smells delish!


2. What's for breakfast?
On weekdays, I'm always eating breakfast while doing other things (making lunch, feeding the dogs etc.) so I have something that's quick and easy to make like ready brek or peanut butter toast. Cereal does nothing to fill me up so I only have it as a snack but my favourite thing to have on the weekends is mashed avocado on toast with a fried egg on top drizzled with ketchup. Mmm. Or mini pancakes. I just love breakfast food.
A typical Saturday breakfast for me!
3. Coffee or tea?
I'll have a cup of tea when I get to the office and on weekends I'll usually make a mug of tea after I've had breakfast. I save coffee as more of a treat for days out or brunches and I usually go for a vanilla latte or a caramel cappuccino!

4. How long does it take to get out the door?
At its longest it's an hour, shortest is about 20 minutes. I try to do a couple of household chores in the morning so if I skip those I can get out slightly faster, and if I choose not to care at all about my appearance I can be up and out in 10 minutes!

5. What is your go-to makeup look on a fuss-free morning?
For a standard weekday, I curl and apply mascara to my lashes and add a little blush to my cheeks to make myself look more alive and awake than I actually feel! I use an eyebrow pen to accentuate my brows a bit and sometimes I apply a layer of Rimmel's BB Cream to even out my skin tone but that's basically it: I'm a pretty low maintenance gal.
On weekends I follow pretty much the same routine but apply some winged liquid liner and maybe a pink/nude lipstick.


A sunset at Waterloo station
PM

1. What is your evening beauty routine?
I like to remove my makeup with the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water which I also use to remove any grime from my skin at the end of the day - working in London usually leaves you with a nice grey tinge to your face. Throughout the day I apply lip balm and hand cream where necessary, I really don't have much of end of day routine as I'm usually knackered and would rather sleep!
2. Snack time! What's in the bowl? 
It's probably something chocolatey! Or something I've baked (which is usually chocolate-based anyway haha.) Either that or just a cup of tea/Ovaltine.

A typical evening set up for me!  
3. Cosy up! What are you wearing to sleep? 
I change into pyjamas as soon as I get in from work which are usually Primark pyjamas (the best!) and I tend to wear these to bed or just throw on a t-shirt. Or nothing - ain't no shame!
  
4. How do you wind down and prep for bed? 
I usually spend the last hour or so before bed watching TV or talking with my mum/boyfriend. Once in bed I make sure I've got my alarm set and have taken off my make up etc. and then I tend to fall asleep quite quickly.
  
5. What are some things you must do before hitting the hay? 
Does anyone actually go to bed without doing one final check of Instagram/Twitter? Probably, but if I'm not too tired I always do this. I also always try to make sure I send a goodnight text to my boyfriend before going to sleep. (Aww!)

I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about my routines, let me know if you are going to take part in this tag and I'll come and have a nose!

Stay inspired,

You May Also Like

0 comments