April Favourites

by - 16:00


Hello friends!
 
I've decided to start something a bit new this month, and include a monthly roundup of all the things I've been loving in with my regular posts. I love looking back on what I've been up to and I like how personal these types of posts are.
 
  
FOOD: Lotus Biscuits
Since moving to an office where I have storage at my desk, I've felt the need to keep multiple snacks with me (like the storage made a difference!) and biscuits are always a good way to go. You can buy a pack of Lotus Biscuits in the Pound shop which is 20 packs of 2 so good for rationing! I love these little caramel biscuits and will definitely need to make my Lotus Biscoff Cupcakes again soon.
   
READING: Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
This book really surpassed all of my expectations - it's a new favourite! The story follows a young girl named Evie as she recovers from a bad bout of OCD/anxiety-related problems. Written in first person, Evie's voice really stays with you and the method of writing as someone with mental health problems was successful and insightful. A really enjoyable read with some great life lessons (mainly feminist!) thrown in along the way.
 
 
BEAUTY: They're Real Mascara, Sexy Mother Pucker Lipgloss and using blush as eyeshadow
I purchased Sexy Mother Pucker a couple of weeks ago and really love the gloss colour and the slight plumping effect it gives! If you're expecting your lips to look like Kylie Jenner's you'll be disappointed but it will give them a fuller look. Benefit's They're Real Mascara is a more recent purchase and I'm loving it so far! The effect it gives is not natural like the other mascaras I'm used to but it does lengthen your lashes like no other.
As for the blush, I think I saw this tip on the Cosmo Snapchat story, but I thought I'd give it a go and I  love the effect! If you've picked a blush shade that suits your skin tone then it should sit nicely on your eyelids too. My favourite shade from Bourjois actually really brings out the green in my eyes and I haven't been able to find an eyeshadow that does the same! 

 
 
FASHION: Trainer Wedges and Bomber Jackets
I could swear that both of these trends were already around about four or five years ago? It seems a bit soon to be bringing it back but it clearly wasn't the right time the first time around because who isn't wearing Bomber Jackets right now?! Well, I'm not, but only because I haven't found the perfect one yet, though this pink silken one from Blue Vanilla is looking like a good contender...
  
As for trainer wedges, I chose to go for this pair from Bershka and I love them! It's only a little heel but it changes your posture enough to make a difference, and I love this casual way of adding a bit of tszuj* to an outfit. (*I looked it up and this is apparently how you spell that word that's pronounced like "jooj" - am I making any sense?!)
 
WATCHING: Millionaire's Mansions
Me and Dave discovered this programme on the 4 on Demand app and as we both love home-related TV shows we decided to check it out. The programme follows interior designers and wealthy clients as they remodel their excessively large and fancy homes in the centre of London. I had no idea that there was this much renovation taking place in the city and so many of these homes are not even in use most of the year!
 
 
HABIT: Drinking More Water
Through a strange turn of events (a bad UTI) I have massively stepped up my water intake. I have replaced all the cups of tea and coffee I was drinking with water and now drink between 6-8 glasses of the clear stuff per day. I didn't realise how dehydrated I was until I started drinking more and now I've noticed a reduction in the excess chub (water retention) that I had around my midriff and legs and have next to no headaches!
 
You can also always find my current music favourites at the bottom of this page on my Spotify! Or just click here.
 
Do you have any particular favourite things this month? If you do similar posts to this one be sure to leave me a link below!
 
Stay inspired,
post signature

You May Also Like

0 comments