Working On My Fitness!

by - 17:00

Hello friends!
 
So, recently I've been on a bit of a health kick and I'm really enjoying it! It's been a long time since I focused on my physical wellbeing and, even after a few weeks, I'm already starting feel happier and more energised.
 
I like to think that getting 'into shape' requires work in a number of areas and so, today, I thought I'd share my fitness regime with you as I always like to get my tips from others too - you don't have to figure everything out on your own!
(hopefully me one day!)
 
Having said that, every body is different and will require different things to help it to be at its best. The best thing to keep in mind is that you should be working towards happiness. Being fit and healthy makes me happy so every time I workout or avoid eating sweet things, I'm one step closer to reaching my goal. Similarly, sometimes I really enjoy just eating junk food so in the same way by doing that, I'm working towards happiness!
 
The first change I made was to drink more water - a lot more. A study done in the UK in 2015 found that 4 million Brits go a week without drinking a glass of water! That's crazy! We should aim to drink between 6-8 glasses of water per day in order to aid digestion, weight loss and to stay hydrated and focused.
 
Since upping my water intake, I have noticed a massive difference in the 'flabbiness' of areas like my stomach and face - and all I had to do was actively make an effort to drink more water. That's pretty amazing on its own.
 
My next step was in terms of my diet: I made the decision to not overeat (no matter how delicious the pizza is!) and to cut down on my sweet stuff. It's been three weeks and now I don't even crave it. I still treat myself to a biscuit or a piece of cake every now and then but I'm consciously making the decision to be rational about it.
 
The final step in all of this was to get active again! It's been far too long since I asked my body to do anything moderately physical and I do actually really enjoy working out (unless it's doing burpees...those things kill me). I created a workout chart like the one below and made my goals manageable and flexible.
 
 
I aim to do three, 30 minute sessions of cardio a week which is a mix of going for runs, swims, cycles etc. and also doing P.I.I.T/H.I.I.T (Pilates/High Intensity Interval Training) sessions which I have a love/hate relationship with. Along side this I aim to complete two, 30 minute sessions of toning or conditioning to really shape up my entire body. And then I try to do four sessions of yoga a week, mostly to help me relax after a workout/long day but also to improve my flexibility.
 
My P.I.I.T/H.I.I.T and toning workouts pretty much all come from the Blogilates Youtube Channel as I find them to be really effective and I love Cassey's approach to teaching and workout styles. I love the message she promotes which is that "we are all on our own journey" and you should love your body from beginning to end.
 
I also like to pin inspirational things to my 'Fitness' Pinterest board which you can have a sneak preview of below!



I find it so much easier to get into shape and eat better during the warmer months, and I definitely don't keep this up all year round, though it would be good too! I'm only human and I love food but I know it's important to give my body everything I can - especially things which will help it to become stronger and work more efficiently.
 
Do you have any fitness tips that really work for you? Or are you still trying to find the motivation to start working on it?
 
Stay inspired,
 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I went to the gym 4 times this week but tonight i had a whole peppeoroni pizza so my tip is that its important to accept the limitations of strict routine but always be prepared to do the work to make up for cheating or

    ReplyDelete