May Favourites

by - 11:42

Hello friends!
 
Long time no speak! I'm not sure how this mini-hiatus from blogging happened, but I'm feeling refreshed and ready to get back into the swing of things. I had a lot of things going on in the background and, coupled with my lack of computer, just put blogging to one side for a bit. I feel like a lot of other bloggers also experienced a little bit of a slump last month too - maybe it was the full moon! Anyway, I'm glad to be back with another favourites post: this one features some new life changing things - no exaggeration! 
 
EATING: Banana Sushi Wraps and Butternut Squash & Chickpea Burgers
Obviously not at the same time but OMG I am loving these two combinations at the moment! I got the idea for Banana Sushi Wraps from Cassey Ho (of Blogilates) and since trying it have been totally smitten: I eat it for breakfast almost every day. All you need are some small tortilla wraps, peanut butter and a banana! You can even add some nuts or dried fruit if you're feeling extra fancy and if you don't like peanut butter you can use Nutella or Lotus Biscoff Spread or even jam. So filling and delicious, you can't go wrong!
 
As for the Butternut Squash & Chickpea burgers, these were actually a discovery found in Harvester! I've been avoiding meat a lot more lately (especially red meat) and when I saw this on the menu it sounded right up my street. I can tell you now it was bloody amazing and actually one of the best burgers I've ever had - including beef burgers! You can find a recipe to create these beauties here.
 
 
FASHION: Casual co-ord sets
Just to clarify, I would most likely not wear these out of the house anywhere respectable (Tesco's doesn't count) but I really love the vibe they give: it's like, yes I'm casual, but I also wanna look like I thought about what I'm going to wear to be casual in.
 
 
The Pink set is from Missguided and the Camo set is from New Look . Both would be great to change into after a long day at work or to not get out of on a lazy Sunday!
 
 
 
BEATUY: Suede Cream Lipstick and Cushion Foundation
 
I've got a separate post on NYX coming but let's just say: not a fan of the matte lip creams (sorry!). I am, however, a fan of all their other products that I've tried so far, and their Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick is no exception. I picked up the shade 'Tea and Cake' the other day and I love it! The colour is an understated pink which will look great for summer (if it ever arrives) and it's really nicely pigmented.
 
Having picked up a L'Oreal Cushion Nude Magique Foundation from Boots the other day (they're currently £9.99 instead of £14.99 until 8th June!) I was excited to try a product that had been so praised by so many beauty gurus. I was not disappointed. It is probably the best foundation I have ever used: it's the perfect shade for my skin tone, has a soft, glowy finish, is easy and quick to apply and feels extremely hydrating.
 
 
HABIT: Getting Back Into Shape
 
In case you missed it, you can catch up on my current fitness routine here, but essentially May was the month that I kicked my booty back into action! I love getting fit for the summer and I always work to make myself feel stronger and more toned, rather than skinnier.
 
At the moment I'm enjoying going to more organised exercise classes, such as Zumba or Ballet classes or going for a swim at my local pool: it's just nice to change it up sometimes! Otherwise I just follow the Blogilates monthly workout calendar which is guaranteed to give you a well structured fitness routine and is completely free to download and follow!
 
 
LISTENING TO: Real Ghost Stories Online
This show freaks the crap out of me but I can't stop listening! I found it on the 'Shows' section of Spotify and even though I sometimes find myself getting creeped out in the dark at night (you'll understand if you listen to their shows) I really love it!
 
They have so many people write/call in to their show that they are able to produce an episode pretty much every day - that's insane! And perfect for me as I'm always looking for new things to listen to while I work through slightly less exciting tasks at work.
 
WATCHING: The new season of KUWTK
I think this is the first time that I've actually been up to date with a series of Keeping Up With The Kardashians as I usually just watch them on catch up or randomly when they're on E!. It's weird to see things that I've seen through one of the sisters Snapchat/Instagram happening in real time and I love how well the whole family is growing up and dealing with new things.
 
I've now got my mum fully hooked too, even if I do get asked "Which one is Kim again? Is Kourtney the blond one?" several times every episode.
 
And that's it for May! What have you been loving recently? Have you tried any of the food/beauty products I've mentioned?
 
Stay inspired!
 

 

You May Also Like

1 comments