A Change of Plans...

by - 08:00


I thought I had this summer all planned out. I was going to finish uni at the end of May, have a couple of weeks off to catch up with life stuff, set up for my uni exhibition and see friends and family properly. Then I'd go away on holiday and when I got back I'd get my head down and start working/earning until I went back to uni in September.

Unfortunately the company I should have been going back to haven't been able to offer me the placement they thought they would have which is a shame as I was really looking forward to going back to my old place of work! 

It's too late in the summer to really find a proper summer job so, unexpectedly, here I am with eight weeks stretching ahead of me with nothing I need to do and nowhere I need to be. 

"What?! That's amazing!" I hear you cry, but I just feel a bit useless! Besides the fact that I needed a job to give me some funds higher than £3 a week for the summer, I was looking forward to getting stuck back into something. If I'd known I was going to have so much free time I feel like I would have planned something - I would have loved to do some more travelling for example.
As it stands though, I'm pretty damn broke with nothing much to do!

I'm still determined to make the most of this time off though, I'm going to do some new things, explore some new places and work on myself. I really want to take advantage of this time as I'm fully aware that this is a VERY fortunate situation to be in and not one that is likely to repeat itself again in the near future. 

So, not the summer I had planned, but I'm going to take it is a blessing and make the absolute most of it, I owe it to myself I think.

My plans at the moment include: a 30-day yoga challenge, cooking new meals and exploring new places on my own. 

Have you got any plans for this summer? What would you do with an extended amount of time off?

Stay inspired,

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I hope you enjoy your summer! It is definitely annoying to be without funds, but I'm always trying to discover free things to do in my own city, and there are surprisingly many- you just really have to look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna! Yes I'm definitely going to make the most of this time off and join in with as many free/low-cost things as I can :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Georgie xo

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your summer. Having a whole stretch of time free is quite liberating, but obviously having a lack of funds makes it harder.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually really enjoyed the time off! And now I feel more prepared to go back for my final year of my Masters.

      Thank you for commenting :)

      Georgie xo

      Delete